It was evident this year at Found Festival that disco lovers don’t let the weather determine their vibe only good music.
Found Festival was back once again this year for its fourth instalment to provide music lovers the opportunity to boogie to some of the world’s best disco, house and techno. This small community of music lovers has been gradually increasing over the years to shape an atmosphere that is inviting and stimulating. There was no violence during the day as everyone was focused on good music and positive vibes. At one point during the day the heavens opened up, but this don’t not stop the party. People danced through the rain and created memories that they would hold onto forever.
The 6 stages were spread out across Brockwall Park and were designed specially to provided viewers different experiences of music. The Feelings Stage was a stand out in my opinion as it was tucked away under the trees in the middle of the park. The Dj booth was also an attraction as they were performing from an old vintage caravan. Other stages that were seen popular included Secret Sundaze and Find Me in The Dark. These stages were seen popular by festival goers for their dark rave vibes and protection from the rain. As the afternoon drew closer and the night began, some thick white clouds sat over the festival. For a while people worried that it was going to rain, however instead the clouds acted as installation, creating a really nice refreshing temperature. As the last two acts hit the main stage, people flocked from all over the festival to catch a glimpse. Kerri Chandler did an amazing job closing the festival with his extend knowledge of disco tracks.
As the day carried out, I jotted down some key points that really stood out to me. This is what I wrote.
1. Brixton is a lovely area to host a festival. People are friendly and the culture seems very inclusive and interesting with cool street art and people with coloured hair.
2. If you’re a girl and don’t wanna get your hair wet, wear a shower cap.
3. If you wanna get tropical and go to Jamaica, Red Stripe is your drink of choice.
4. Daniel Wang had the grooviest set of the day.
5. When it rains you can find the party in the circus tents.
6. When Theo Parrish does a B2B set with Marcellus Pittman, you know they are up to something. (AMAZING SOUNDS WOWOWOW)
7. Paranoid London have a song called eating glue, however they don’t suggest you do it.
8. Rodhad knows how to put on a party that is unforgettable. Also very cool rave vibe in the Find Me in The Dark tent.
9. There was not one stage at this festival, that did not have vibes.
10. If you haven’t been to Found Festival, you can’t call yourself a disco lover. (Always next year)
Overall I had a really great day and the hospitality I received was wonderful. People were smiling and having a good time. Found Festival is defiantly an event that you should consider next year, as I’m sure it will be back for its fifth and biggest instalment yet. Thank you to all the hard working people who spend hours organising and running this festival. Without your passion, London wouldn’t be able to offer so many amazing events.
KEEP THE DISCO ALIVE.
Images by Marc Sethi